Sunday, May 15, 2011

Similes For Integer Rules

I asked the boys to write two similes. One on negative times a negative equals a positive and one on a negative plus a negative equals a negative. The boys brought them the next day and shared them with the class. We discussed each one and decided if it worked or did not work. The boys gave feedback and had to support if they thought it was good or needed work. This was a great activity for me to see if they really understood the rules. It was so much fun for me and the boys to listen to each other and take feedback from each other. I would love to share some of the examples that they created.

negative x negative = positive




negative + negative = neg


I also had them write headlines to show their understanding of the concept. Here is an example on the things they came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment