Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thoughts .......

So far this year I feel I have grown as a teacher so much! I am becoming a better teacher. Making the boys dig deep and immerse themselves in the content has given them and me a chance to look at math in so many different ways. The boys have made connections that I could have never imagined. I am able to show the boys that what they are learning now will be used in their other other classes and why. For example knowing exactly why the units are cubed in Volume, lead to the question, "How and Why" This lead into how to multiply exponents. Some of the boys are learning about Laws of Exponents now because the questions they were asking. I am very excited to see where this will lead the boys in their future math classes.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment